Outline of ISO/IEC 17011
(Conformity assessment - General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies)
The aim of this standard
ISO/IEC 17011:2004 (JIS Q17011:2005) sets out the general requirements for the operation of a system for accreditation
of conformity assessment bodies including calibration and/or testing laboratories so that the accreditations granted and the services covered by the accreditationsmay be recognized at a national or an international level and the body operating the accreditation system may be recognized at national or international level as competent and reliable.
Outline of this standard
- Accreditation body
- legal entity and management resources, organization, impartiallity and confidentiality of accreditation body, organization, etc.
- Management system
- management system, document control, records, nonconforming work and CA/PA, internal audits, management reviews, etc.
- Human resources
- AB staff, personnel involved in accreditation process, monitoring, records, etc.
- Accreditation process
- criteria, information to applicant labs, assessment and surveillance process, granting, withdrawing and suspending accreditation, proficiency testing, etc.
- Responsibility of the accreditation body and the laboratories
- obligation of labs, obligation of AB, reference to accreditation status and use of accreditation symbol.