| (Conformity assessment - General requirements
for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies)
The aim of this standard
ISO/IEC 17011:2004 (JIS Q17011:2005) sets out the
general requirements for the operation of a system for accreditation
of conformity assessment bodies including calibration and/or testing
laboratories so that the accreditations granted and the services
covered by the accreditationsmay be recognized at a national or an
international level and the body operating the accreditation system
may be recognized at national or international level as competent
Outline of this standard
1. Accreditation body
• legal entity and management resources, organization, impartiallity and
confidentiality of accreditation body, organization, etc.
• management system, document control, records, nonconforming work and
CA/PA, internal audits, management reviews, etc.
3. Human resources
• AB staff, personnel involved in accreditation process, monitoring, records,
4. Accreditation process
• criteria, information to applicant labs, assessment and surveillance
process, granting, withdrawing and suspending accreditation, proficiency testing,
5. Responsibility of the accreditation body and the
• obligation of labs, obligation of AB, reference to accreditation status
and use of accreditation symbol.